Wednesday 18 May 2016

'Wally Does Colour - Distress Colour' Stampotique Guest Art



Hi there lovely friends.....

...another week has flown by - crikey! but at least the sun is shining tons more, tis getting warmer and the nights are lighter for longer eeeeeep! summer is on the way!

And you can probs see more n more of the summer feeling creeping - well hardly creeping hahaha into my art of late. 

For this weeks Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog the fabulous Kristen Catalano chose a particular favourite of mine 'Circles' why a fav?  well circles are my all time go to shape, soft, kool and easy, simply a fav and cos this is a challenge that litterally holds no bounds sooooooooo eeeeeep! you should all be joining in this week - lol no excuses - we can all do circles can't we!  And hip hip hurray at the end of the month there's a $30 gift certificate random draw to go shop in the fabulous Stampotique web shop - you can upload your art to any of the monthly challenges over in the blog HERE or over in the fb page HERE just follow the simple format/rules when uploading or if all else fails shout out for HELP - there's always someone teccy there to help hahaha (deffo not me - i'm a techno-phob:-)

Anyways I'll start with a quick link to the Stampotique web shop - PRESS HERE

A quick link to my own Stampotique stamp designs - PRESS HERE

Art From The Heart where I tutor regular workshops stock Stampotique - PRESS HERE

A Sprinkle Of Immagination stock Stampotique - PRESS HERE


So...
...onto what I used to create this little burst of summer colour (the 'Halfway House btw was a gift from my lovely friend Roy Pakeman whose company Candy Box Crafts sell these awesome Half Way Houses/Shrines)

The cute bunny is my own Stampotique design stamp I call him 'Wally' and Wally is snuggling one of Kira Nichols's ace  'Birdy Up' birdies eeeeep!

Now Janet Klein's flowers that you see have 'circles' in their middles (see i told you there are no bounds and boy i likes to stretch boundaries hahaha!)  so I used her Large Carol's Flower and her Small Carol's Flower, so beautiful and easy to cut out too!

Now onto the 'circles' I used...
...the postmark on the lollipop stick is France Papillon's kool 1879 Postmark stamp
...the pretty scalloped circles come from the also kool  'Steampunk Border' by Roc Nicholas
...and the circle with scribbly faces are 'Row Faces' by Daniel Torrente.



If you were wondering what uber bright paints I used - layers of lush  Tim Holtz Distress Paints

I satrted out giving the houses a coat of Dina Wakle's White Gesso , then used some of Tim's kool new mini-layering-stencils, and pasted through the uber 'marshmallowy like' Ranger Texture Paste Medium.  Once everything was dry I added layer after layer of the distress paints (letting each layer dry before applying the next) then once dry again Distress Collage Crazing Medium was painted on with Tim's awesome new Distress Collage Brushes, I let this dry before adding the oh soooo MUST HAVE Tim Holtz Distress Crayons swoon!!!
...the last few steps once everything is in place is a splatter or 3 with the fun and easy to use Tim Holtz Splatter Brush and a few extra splatters and scribbles with my journo pens - the Ranger Fude Ball Pen is soooo kool and glides over the Distress Crayons once they have set!  do you spy the Ideaology Baroque Frame, i'm weeping now as I have non left. I NEED more of these beauties :-)))


Hahaha! couldn't resist those Crazy Cats by Tim holtz...and loads of the new Sizzix dies eeeeeep!










4 comments:

  1. Saw these on TV today and they both look fabulous!! I am in love with Wally! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore your enthusiasm for colour, it makes me want to 'happy dance'. You are so clever and FUN X

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy and cheerful. A colorful life for sure in these houses. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! But I always do!

    ReplyDelete

From time to time i'm sorry to say that I will have to turn on comment verification - tis spam city over here at the moment - thank you for understanding xoxo